Friday, January 2, 2015

Day by day ferning - Maybe Baby Saliva Microscope

We have been trying to conceive for 3 months now, this is our 4th. I bought Maybe Baby - the ovulation saliva microscope last month, but I wasn't using it daily. This month I decided to use it every morning, at the same time, before I brush my teeth or have my morning coffee. 
I will be uploading the results on daily basis, hoping to track the ferning pattern easier, but also to see how this device works.

For those that are not familiar with this technique, I would suggest that you check this website, for more info http://www.maybebaby.com.au/maybe-baby-easy-ovulation-tester . There are other brands too, and they all work exactly the same.

I am 25 years old, and we are TTC for baby#1. My cycles are very regular, the shortest being 30 days, and the longest 32 days.

26 December, 2014 - CD1
I don't have a picture, but had a strong ferning pattern. I had it throughout my period.

27 December, 2014 - CD2
Still strong ferning pattern, but I read somewhere that for some women it is normal due to second estrogen surge.

28 December, 2014 - CD3
Partial ferning! Still having my period.

29 December, 2014 - CD4
Almost no ferning. OK, going in a good direction so far.

30 December, 2014 - CD5
Only pebbles. The black line that you see there is just a particle left from the napkin that I used :D

31 December, 2014 - CD6
This concerns me. I definitely see some partial ferning patterns. It is way too early for ovulation. 

1 January, 2015 - CD7        Happy New Year!!!
Almost full ferning. However, I think I know what it is. We stayed up almost all night (New Years Eve, duh), and were eating a lot, and mostly salty food. We were also smoking a lot. Salt and smoking can cause ferning.

2 January, 2015 - CD8
Perfect! No more ferning. It must have been the food the previous two days. Expecting next ferning to be in a week, probably.


3 January, 2015 - CD9
Pebbles.... lots of pebbles, but no ferns or crystals. Pebbles (or bubbles) don't indicate fertility.

4 January, 2015 - CD10
I have no entry for this day, sorry. I had some things to do early in the morning, and didn't even test.

5 January, 2015 - CD11
 I think I am getting into a slightly transitional stage. I am around 6 days to ovulation, I can see some small ferns. As I read the instructions, the microscope will show ferns a bit earlier, because it shows estrogen, and the LH hormone (measured by OPK) is triggered by the estrogen, so we need estrogen first to get LH positive on the OPK. 
I am expecting to see more and more ferns every day, until I get to the full ferning stage. As it looks, for now, I am still not fertile, but this is getting exciting :)

6 January, 2015 - CD12
I have no idea what happened to the photo that I took yesterday (I am typing this on the 7th). I know I did, because I know i saw some ferns on the microscope, but they weren't visible on the picture, so I even wanted to circle them with red on the photo so that you can see what I was seeing. The photo is gone!!! :(

7 January, 2015 - CD13


Transitional ferning, yay!!! Everything is going the way it is supposed to. Even my both cycle trackers show me that my fertile days are starting. 


8 January, 2015 - CD14

 Not much to say. I am in my fertile days, and I see ferning. Good sign!

9 January, 2015 - CD15
This time, I experimented and added less saliva to see if it changes the results. The ferning is there, but not as strong as when I put more saliva. I like the ferns, though. They are small and very close to each other.

10 January, 2015 - CD16
 There is still a lot of ferning, but compared to yesterday, the ferns are a bit more apart. Too bad I put less saliva yesterday, so that you can see the difference. The pictures are not as intense or clear. However, I am still in my fertile period.

11 January, 2015 - CD17

I took sample of my saliva, but forgot to take a picture :( I can only tell that I had no ferning at all. I have a theory for that.
The estrogen rises before ovulation, but it suddenly drops very low. That's the blue line in the chart above. I guess, it was my ovulation day.

12 January, 2015 - CD18
I see some transitional ferning. My fertile days are over, but as you can see on the chart above, the estrogen rises again after the ovulation. Not as much as it does before ovulation, but it is still present and higher that the beginning of the cycle.

13 January, 2015 - CD19

Transitional ferning. Not much more to say. Same as yesterday, maybe a bit less ferning, but quite similar.






13 comments:

  1. Thank you for your blog. This is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.

    Leica microscope Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a new term Blue waffles disease. It is a condition that affects women only
    http://bluewafflesdisease.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which two cycle trackers are those? and are they free?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myself and my husband had been trying to get pregnant for 18 months before I was referred to Native Iyabasira fertility solution. We had no definite diagnosis of what was wrong and had become very frustrated. In November 2015 I was given a thorough reproductive health work up, I found out I had low progesterone, thyroid issues and a stomach issue which was affecting my ability to get pregant. This was a very thorough process involving dietary, hormonal and physical investigations and started the recommended treatments in Feb 16 2016. I was pregnant by april 16. I had a baby boy in march 2017. I was carefully monitored and mother Iyabasira was always available for me. I can recommend native iyabasira more highly so much so we are hoping to start trying for a second baby under her guidance.
    nativeiyabasira@yahoo.com contact number +441133201124

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use a few - Ovia, glow, Premom but my favourite is fertility friend as only one that you can track ferning in it and has most info

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW I GOT MY EX HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF REAL AND EFFECTIVE SPELL FROM DR Osasu My name is Olivia Jayden, I never thought I will smile again, My husband left me with two kids for one year, All effort to bring him back failed I thought I'm not going to see him again not until I met a lady called Jesse who told me about a spell caster called Dr. Osasu , She gave me his email address and mobile number and I contacted him and he assured me that within 48hours my husband will come back to me, In less than 48hours my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work, so I'm still surprise till now about this miracle,i couldn't conceive but as soon as the spell was cast,i became pregnant and gave birth to my third child,if you need any assistance from him you can contact him via:email: drosasu25@gmail.com Or WhatsApp or call him now:
    +2347064365391 . Dr.Osasu also cures: 1. HIV / AIDS 2. HERPES 1/2 3. CANCER 4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) 5. Hepatitis B

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW I GOT MY EX HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF REAL AND EFFECTIVE SPELL FROM DR Osasu My name is Olivia Jayden, I never thought I will smile again, My husband left me with two kids for one year, All effort to bring him back failed I thought I'm not going to see him again not until I met a lady called Jesse who told me about a spell caster called Dr. Osasu , She gave me his email address and mobile number and I contacted him and he assured me that within 48hours my husband will come back to me, In less than 48hours my husband came back started begging for forgiveness saying it is the devils work, so I'm still surprise till now about this miracle,i couldn't conceive but as soon as the spell was cast,i became pregnant and gave birth to my third child,if you need any assistance from him you can contact him via:email: drosasu25@gmail.com Or WhatsApp or call him now:
    +2347064365391 . Dr.Osasu also cures: 1. HIV / AIDS 2. HERPES 1/2 3. CANCER 4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) 5. Hepatitis B

    ReplyDelete
  9. my partner and I have been trying for a baby for over two years now, We were going to a fertility clinic for about 5 months before somebody at baby center told us to contact this spell caster who is so powerful, We contacted him at this email; babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka , for him to help us, then we told him our problem, he told us that we will conceive once we follow his instructions ,but after two years of trying we were at a point where we were willing to try anything. And I'm glad we came to Priest Babaka, Because his pregnancy spell cast and herbal remedy help us, and I honestly believe him, and his gods really helped us as well, I am thankful for all he has done. contact him via email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka if you are trying to have a baby or want your lover back. he has powers to do it, he has done mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello I’m From Memphis Tennessee, USA I feel so joyful today because of the
    help Dr Sunny has rendered to me for getting my Husband back with his
    spell. I have been married for 4 years and it has been so terrible because
    my husband was cheating on me and was seeking for a divorce. But when i
    came across Dr Sunny Email, on the internet posted by a lady, i decided to
    get in touch with him and i explained my situation to him and then seek his
    help but to my greatest surprise he told me that he will help me with my
    case for there is no problem without a solution. Here i am celebrating
    because my Husband is back home and am really enjoying my marriage, what a
    great celebration. i will keep on testifying on the internet because Dr
    Sunny is truly a real spell caster. Why not contact Dr Sunny now if you are
    facing any challenges in your relationship life. Email {
    solutioncentre911@gmail.com } you can call Dr or whats app him via
    {+2349056393169} His Also specialize in
    1) love Spell
    2) Pregnancy Spell
    3) Divorce Spell
    4) Marriage Spell
    5) Healing Spell
    6) Penis enlargement
    7) Money Spell
    8.) You want to be promoted in your office
    9) you want to satisfy your lover
    contact this great man if you have any problem for a lasting solution
    Through his email via { solutioncentre911@gmail.com } .

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOW DR. UNEME brought back my ex lover unemespellben@gmail.com
    Am DONNA, am from UK. After been in a relationship with my Boyfriend for 1 year now and we were planning to get married soon and all of a sudden he left me for another girl. of a truth, I really love this guy and never can I imagine life without him. I further tried all my best to get him back but all my effort to get him back in my life did not work out. It was on this faithful day, I came across some Testimonies on a website about this great spell caster called (Dr. UNEME) any persons claimed that he help them to renew their relationship and bring their ex lover back, I had to contact him because he was my last hope. I contacted him through his email and he assured me that in three days time my boyfriend is going to leave the other girl and come back to me and it was a very great surprise to see my boyfriend coming back to me after three days the spell was done. I am so very happy today that he came back to me and i achieved this with the help of Dr UNEME I equally want to use this opportunity to Tell/Advice to as many who need their ex back, if you need his help you can Contact him through
    EMAIL: unemespellben@gmail.com WHATSAPP HIM @ +2348143813120


    Thank You Once Again Dr.UNEME

    ReplyDelete